Thursday, January 29, 2009

First Things First

This is my first for quite a few things:
  1. First attempt at a blog
  2. First time being unemployed in fifteen years
  3. First time as Big Bird of a flock
  4. First time sharing with others my trials and tribulations in looking for a new job
  5. First time trying to do something to help others as I find my way around and through the simultaneous worlds of blogging and job hunting

I'm still fleshing out what I want this blog to be exactly. My early intent is to chronicle my personal journey in searching for a new job in what many of us find to be a very challenged environment. Part of that effort will be to pass along my learning experiences both in finding employment and learning this tool called a blog.

My hope ...

Is that you'll find this blog, you'll find it to be of some solace as you trod along your own path in search of a new job, you'll find it a place of support and learning, and that you'll have some fun along the way. I want you to realize that you are not alone - that you don't have to be alone in your quest.

We'll share...

We'll share experiences - the good and the bad. We'll share resources, tools, links, employers and reference materials that we find helpful.

We'll share what the experts have to say in how to deal with the loss of a job and how we relate to that.

We'll share how to keep everything in proper perspective and how to keep the fires of hope going.

We'll celebrate...!!

We'll celebrate progress. We'll celebrate when one of us finds that next job and perhaps leaves the nest. And, we'll always remember to celebrate life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogarama - the blog directory