Friday, January 30, 2009

Lions and tigers and bears! Oh, my!


Lions and tigers and bears! Oh, my! - Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

In dealing with the loss of a job we will each go through a wide range of emotions as we work our way through the various stages that are inevitable.

When we hear the unemployment rate is 8% and rising some us will find solace knowing that we're not going through this alone, that we're not the only ones suffering a loss.

Not so with me. When I hear 8% unemployement I hear my thoughts going to -
"That means 92% of the people who want to work are still working! What's wrong with me? Why do I find myself in the minority? I have significant experience, skills and talent. There are others who are less skilled, less talented, less experienced than I am and they're still working! I'm mor productive than most the others, but they still have their jobs!"

What emotions are you feeling as you deal with the loss of your job or the frustations you experience in trying to find a new job?

Our emotions will vary by individual, gated by individual situations. Regardless, most of us will experience a wide range of emotions as we work our way through the inevitable stages.

What are you feeling? Do you identify with one or more of the terms below?


**** Lions and tigers and bear! Oh, my! ****


Fear - Anger - Sad - Alone


Abandoned - Hate - Tired - Worry


Left out - Guilty - Embarassed - Panicked


Nervous - Powerless - Violated - Hopeless

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogarama - the blog directory